So I went to see The Hives this week. I’ve been a huge fan since Middle School when I found their first album at the library and felt very rebellious while secretly listening to it in my room. They are rumored to put on one of the best shows in the world so seeing them was on my bucket list. I wasn’t disappointed. Here are a few things I learned from the experience:
1. They have ninjas for stagehands. No lie. Head to toe costumes.
2. No matter how safe you think you are, the mosh pit will find you and they will hurt you.
3. Nicholaus Arson has perpetual crazy eyes. He also flosses his teeth on stage with his guitar chord. [x]
4. At a Hives concert, even though the crowd looks like this at first…
They look like this by the end of the night…
5. Pelle Almqvist is quite possibly the greatest frontman I’ve ever had the pleasure of seeing in concert. His witty banter, word play and stage antics were incredibly entertaining. “I think we are now at the part of the show where we have the audience in the palm of our hands and you will do whatever we want.” ”We will not be held responsible for any lost, stolen or broken teeth during this next song.”